Sorry, this entry is only available in Italiano.
Monthly Archives March 2014
Museum was opened in 1974 as a result of the generous donation received by the Regole d’Ampezzo by Rose Braun , the widow of Mario Rimoldi , collector of Cortina d’ Ampezzo.
Artists such as de Pisis , De Chirico, Sironi, Campigli and Music , frequenters of the Ampezzo valley , establish a fruitful friendship with the collector .
In 1941 , when you open the first International Exhibition in Cortina Collector , the collection of Mario Rimoldi is already outlined : the splendid stand de Pisis , the Morandi, the Semeghini the Roses, the Campigli, the Sironi, the Garbari , the Severini , Tosi and Guidi.
After the war, they enter the collection of the experimental works by artists already represented with figurative paintings . The collector is interested in artists linked to the figurative vein Venetian and the environment , as Cadorin Cesetti Saetti , Tomea and Depero , even with openings to new movements that are forming out of the Veneto. The collection is enriched La Zolfara Guttuso and works of the protagonists of the new trial , as Corpora, Crippa, Dova , Morlotti , Music , Santomaso , Widow . He also discovers foreign artists such as Kokoschka , Leger , Villon , Zadkine , and approaches to the protagonists of the new avant-garde , to abstract the fifties.